VMware Cloud Community
samjbentley
Contributor
Contributor

Binding output from scriptable task workflow as an input to invoke external script workflow

Hey all! 

I'm pretty new to vRealize Orchestrator so I'm still getting the hang of a lot of things. Today I'm trying to create a string based on inputs using a scriptable task that can be passed as my variables for a Powershell script. 

The scriptable task simply does this:

scriptarg = "-hostname" + " " + hostname + " " + "-ipaddress" + " " + ipaddress;

I've created the scriptable task to create the variable which has a string output, but I can't select this as an input for my "Invoke an external script" workflow. Any ideas what I'm missing here? It's possible I'm trying to pass my variables to the Powershell script the wrong way too! 

I've attached a screenshot of my inputs/outputs.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
samjbentley
Contributor
Contributor

And below is a screenshot of my external script workflow where I can't select the output. They are both string types so I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing. 

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

Define scriptarg as a WF variable, and not WF output. Output variable cannot be selected as an input of a WF item (for subflow Invoke an external script in your case).

samjbentley
Contributor
Contributor

Ah I see!!! Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos