VMware Cloud Community
zdickinson
Expert
Expert

Batch Run

Good afternoon, I have a workflow that reboots a VM, checks for tools, and sends an e-mail if they don't start.  I would like to run this on many VMs at a time.  I thought the "Run a workflow on a selection of objects" would do the trick.  However, when I get to choosing the Workflow, it does not find anything.  Thank you, Zach.

Batch.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zdickinson
Expert
Expert

My apologies, there is another workflow to run first that populates the eligible work flows.  It is called fill batch configuration elements and is in the batch folder.  Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos
pratt26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Zack,

There is a "For Each" workflow built in to Vro. This workflow has an "array" input which will allow you to run your workflow against multiple vms. Search for the "ForEach" workflow, when prompted it will ask you which workflow you want to loop/repeat for each machine. Browse to your batch workflow, then save this as a new workflow. In the end, you should be prompted for vms and the workflow will run against each of your vms that you input. NOTE: I use this method to loop through list of machines for tools updates, patching etc....

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos