VMware Cloud Community
kujeter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Authentication provider configuration error

I've been trying for the life of me to get a new vro appliance to register with my vcenter/sso domain. I have an external PSC and am trying to do vSphere mode. I've tried both pointing it at my psc which i believe is the correct option and vcenter itself. When i click connect, I immediately get a error returned of HTTP Status 400. You can see the full error in the attached screen shot. Anyone have any thoughts?

vro_error.PNG 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kujeter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to trouble shoot this issue further today. The api calls to register with the PSC where never making it off of the vRO appliance. This was due to the ova tool during deployment not populating the /etc/resolve.conf file of the VM. Once I manually edited the file and added a nameserver entry I was able to configure the Authentication provider. It's interesting because all of the other network configurations of the VM were handled correctly by the deployment tool. Once I get a little bit of free time I am going to deploy another vm and take a look at it and see if the same issue shows up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you point your browser to https://<ip>/cm/mob‌‌ do you see the component manager MOB? Configuration should get all settings from component manager service.

0 Kudos
kujeter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Once I auth i see. I really feel like the request isn't ever even making it off the Vro box. I don't see traffic between the vro vm and the psc in the firewall logs.

mob.PNG

0 Kudos
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The component manager is responding - if vRO can access this url the configuration should succeed

0 Kudos
kujeter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to trouble shoot this issue further today. The api calls to register with the PSC where never making it off of the vRO appliance. This was due to the ova tool during deployment not populating the /etc/resolve.conf file of the VM. Once I manually edited the file and added a nameserver entry I was able to configure the Authentication provider. It's interesting because all of the other network configurations of the VM were handled correctly by the deployment tool. Once I get a little bit of free time I am going to deploy another vm and take a look at it and see if the same issue shows up.

0 Kudos