VMware Cloud Community
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Array of workflows?

I have requirements to build a workflow that will offer the customer the ability to evaluate their vm to see if its eligible to move from build to prod, offer eval and remediation or move to prod. All three conditions require the vm to be evaluated. Each evaluation test must be its own workflow and able to be ran independently. Each workflow will push out a number of variables for further evaluation.

My question is what is the best way to present these evaluation workflows to the master workflow so the master workflow doesn't become overly bulky.  I need to keep this simple so someone other than me can create an evaluation workflow and easily add it to the master workflow, or remove one.  Would nested workflows work better here?  A separate "evaluation workflow with async workflows" called by the master workflow? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Nested workflows look like a good option here, especially if the master workflow should wait for all evaluation workflows to complete before continuing further, which I assume would be the case.

One thing to be aware of is that nested workflows will run in parallel, so you won't be able to use them if your evaluation workflows could possibly interfere with each other and thus you have to run them sequentially.

0 Kudos