VMware Cloud Community
HuiLuo
Contributor
Contributor

Any sample code about presentation service in Java?

Hi guys,

I want to draft an automation test code to test a plugin in vRO via rest api call to mock the GUI including Presentation. I know there is a class called PresentationService, but could not find some sample codes, anyone can help?

Another question is that I know the customer validation works when send rest api call, but how about other constrains? Do they still work? Like if the PreDefinedList is 1,2,3, how about sending the rest call using 4?

And curious that will GetAction run when using presentation via rest api call?

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert

I wanted to automate form testing but found it too time consuming. Here is the thread Form test - automation

In the last response I listed the URLs I found wrt. the form data using Chrome developer tools. I don't think these API calls are exposed via vCACCAFE plugin so you need to make REST API calls.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

Here is how to use vRA API via REST. I have a simple XaaS with two inputs: arg_in_0 and myList. If you add values to the POST data (props) you can see the updated values (if you have bindings between the form elements):

vrahost = vCACCAFEEntitiesFinder.getHost("0d0e47c0-94d9-4b11-892c-983a005fd6b0");

restClient = vrahost.createRestClient("com.vmware.csp.core.cafe.catalog.api");

props = new Properties({"headers":{"entries":[]}, "formValues":{"entries":[{"key":"description", "value":{"type":"string", "value":""}},{"key":"provider-arg_in_0"},{"key":"provider-mylist"}]}, "affectedElements":["provider-__ASD_PRESENTATION_INSTANCE"]})

responseContent = restClient.post("consumer/catalogItems/043c48be-dfa5-4e76-bc68-ffc57c3c7841/forms/request/update/?subtenantId=5d88b947-7fa4-4f43-bd22-f41329fdb016", props).getBodyAsJson()

System.log(JSON.stringify(responseContent, null, 2));

0 Kudos
HuiLuo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your reply! I tried to use presentation service in Java sdk, it could run actions for hidden parameters now, but still could not validate the constrains before sending api call to execute workflow.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

Just tested my XaaS with an input constraint (on input min length) and it did not generate any new API request, probably handled on client side JS. What validation did you try to run, and on what form?

- Advanced Service Designer

- Advanced Service Designer with Custom Form

- XaaS

Constant constraints, external vRO action, or vRO presentation validation?

0 Kudos
HuiLuo
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to run validation on vRO presentation layer, no matter how to get the input constraints. For example, the predefined list of this field is array [1,2,3], then if we pass 4, do not know if it will find it is not in the range. Or get the predefined list via GetAction.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

Well, according to Developer tools it is the very same request I've shown above:

POST consumer/catalogItems/043c48be-dfa5-4e76-bc68-ffc57c3c7841/forms/request/update/?subtenantId=5d88b947-7fa4-4f43-bd22-f41329fdb016

DATA: {"headers":{"entries":[]}, "formValues":{"entries":[{"key":"description", "value":{"type":"string", "value":""}},{"key":"provider-arg_in_0", "value":{"type":"string", "value":"11111111111111111111111111111"}},{"key":"provider-mylist", "value":{"type":"string", "value":"1"}},{"key":"provider-__ASD_PRESENTATION_INSTANCE", "value":{"type":"string", "value":"e463f703-cabb-405b-96fd-5e20d3383e33"}}]}, "affectedElements":["provider-arg_in_0"]}

Response:

{"elementUpdates":[{" ... "errors":["Too long!"]}]}"

(My validation action in vRO presentation was checking if the input is longer than 10 letters and gave the error above.)

For predefined lists of input this will not validate, I'm afraid (maybe I'm wrong...)

0 Kudos
HuiLuo
Contributor
Contributor

Is this a customer validation in your vRO presentation?

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

That is right, by a vRO action.

pastedImage_0.png

I can also see the XaaS predefined values in the response (these are not validated or defined in vRO presentation):

{

"id": "provider-mylist",

"detailLayout": null,

"facetValues": {

"facets": [

{

"type": "resetValue",

"value": {

"type": "string",

"value": "1"

}

},

{

"type": "editable",

"value": {

"type": "boolean",

"value": true

}

}

]

},

"extensionRendererContext": null,

"permissibleValues": [

{

"underlyingValue": {

"value": "1"

},

"label": "first"

},

{

"underlyingValue": {

"value": "2"

},

"label": "second"

}

],

"errors": null

},

0 Kudos
HuiLuo
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I tried in Java code, no matter if I use presentation service, customer validation has always been triggered . Read another thread here before secure string maximum string length validate issue , if we add X-Skip-Validation-Of parameters ​in header, will skip the validation.

0 Kudos