VMware Cloud Community
Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Add vCenter fails with CertificateChainValidator - vCO 6.0.3

I had a self-service portal running off vCO 5.5 that a bunch of users use.  I deployed a vCO 6.0.3 appliance VM and imported the config.  I finished the configuration and all radio buttons are green in the port 8283 Configuration site.  When trying to add vCenter using the "Add a vCenter server instance" workflow, it fails immediately at the "Import a certificate" workflow with "ReferenceError: "CertificateChainValidator" is not defined."  I have imported the SSL cert of the vCenter and of the PSC under Network->SSL Trust Manager.   All certs are self-signed since SRM 6.0 would not work with CA signed certs on vCenter at the time we deployed SRM.  I have not touched the certs on vCO 6.0.3...trying to take the path of least resistance to keep vCenter and SRM running and get vCO back online.  I checked vCenter MOB and there are no vCO extensions.  How do I get vCO 6.0.3 properly registered with vCenter?  My vCenter is a VCSA and 6.0 build 2656761.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware support was able to figure this out.  For some reason, not all the workflows were available even though I deployed a new 6.0.3 appliance and imported the config from my previous 5.5 instance.  So, we went into the Orchestrator Configuration webpage->Troubleshooting and clicked "Reset Current Version" for plug-ins.  Bounced it and the missing workflows were there.  Then, went back into Orchestrator Configuration webpage->vSphere Configuration under General and input the IP of our vCenter PSC and used administrator@vsphere.local.  The look up data worked, I checked most of the boxes, and was able to see vCenter in vCO afterwards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hmm, I have some troubles to find where this CertificateChainValidator is used/referenced in my 5.x/6.x environments.

Could you check in the vCO logs if there is some more info around this error; for example, stack trace showing on which files/lines the error has been thrown?

Usually, such type of error is thrown when a workflow/action scripting code attempts to use a variable which is not defined anywhere (eg. if you make a typo in the variable name). But in my 6.0.3 appliance 'Add a vCenter server instance' works just fine.

0 Kudos
Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware support was able to figure this out.  For some reason, not all the workflows were available even though I deployed a new 6.0.3 appliance and imported the config from my previous 5.5 instance.  So, we went into the Orchestrator Configuration webpage->Troubleshooting and clicked "Reset Current Version" for plug-ins.  Bounced it and the missing workflows were there.  Then, went back into Orchestrator Configuration webpage->vSphere Configuration under General and input the IP of our vCenter PSC and used administrator@vsphere.local.  The look up data worked, I checked most of the boxes, and was able to see vCenter in vCO afterwards.

0 Kudos