VMware Cloud Community
ppachniak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Add Database workflow for SQL Plug-in hangs

Brand new to the vRealize community, so forgive me if the answer is obvious!

We're trying to add a database using SQL Plug-in 1.1.4.3453210 on vRO 7.0.1.  We used the JDBC plug-in to generate a URL, and that workflow was able to finish successfully.  However, when attempting to execute the "Add database" workflow, it enters a "running" state and then just hangs (had to cancel from the Control Center) and the database is never added in the Inventory view.

We were able to successfully add one database using this method, and once the JDBC URL generator workflow finished successfully, the SQL plug-in Add Database workflow finished within a minute.  With the issue described above, the workflow was running for 45 minutes before we cancelled it.

Anyone have a similar experience or know of a workaround?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ppachniak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So after a lot of guess-and-check testing, we were finally able to get the database to show up in Inventory.  It worked after removing a space we had in the database "Name" field, which is just a display name for the plug-in (we changed it from "SCSMDB Staging" to "SCSMDB_Staging").  The "Add Database" workflow was still in a running state for far too long (2.5 hours), so removing the space may have just been a false positive test case, but that was the last change we made before it finally showed up in Inventory.  I thought I'd mention this as the answer in case it helps anyone else.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ppachniak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So after a lot of guess-and-check testing, we were finally able to get the database to show up in Inventory.  It worked after removing a space we had in the database "Name" field, which is just a display name for the plug-in (we changed it from "SCSMDB Staging" to "SCSMDB_Staging").  The "Add Database" workflow was still in a running state for far too long (2.5 hours), so removing the space may have just been a false positive test case, but that was the last change we made before it finally showed up in Inventory.  I thought I'd mention this as the answer in case it helps anyone else.

0 Kudos