VMware Cloud Community
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

About vRO Performance

Hi friends, i have a question about vro performance.

I have developed a lot of workflows on vpro for a project. Initially, I would login to vro  and workflows would completed in a few minutes. Day after day, vRO slowed down...There is no load on Memory and Cpu. Workflows starting and finishing are taking long time.  Sometimes when i run 2 or 3 workflows simultaneously vro console is crashing and I can't login until it finished. When i restart vRO, it is returning to normal for a while. But, day after day, vRO slowing down again...

what do you think about that ?? Does vRO keep all output on memory when workflows run ?

vRO Versions are 7.0 and 7.3

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you already tried bumping up the memory allocated to vRO?  You may have to add some memory to the appliance then follow instructions here VMware Knowledge Base .

I'd also check the storage and make sure you have plenty of space available.  We've had issues where core dumps are chewing up space and when you run out the system will come to a crawl and all sorts of other unpredictable behavior.

Finally, I'd make sure the inventory being managed hasn't grown significantly as that can also cause issues obviously.  That being said we have an orchestrator that has a huge inventory and generally performs pretty well.

0 Kudos
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi qc4vmware,

The article is about embedded vRO. But, my vRelize Orchestrator is not embedded. I am using External vRO Appliance. Do you have an advice related how much resource ( memory, cpu, disk ) that i need to assign to vRO appliance ? Also, i need to specify that i am using this vRO for the automate vcloud director workflows. In a days a lot of workflows are running same time. I need all advices about increase of vRO performance.

thanks.

qc4vmware

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Legioon,

I have the same setup as you do. Running 7.3 on all my hosts. In my prod I have 2CPU and 12 GB of RAM.

In my dev I have a smaller sizing, since only 1-2 workflows can run at the same time, but still I have 2 CPU and 8GB of RAM.

The link provided by qc4vmware should be working, I think that's the one I used in the past. Also, make sure that for the memory you set for VRO you don't put the full size showing up in the VM. You should keep at least 2GB for the OS.

Since that it did improve the service, but make sure you have your plugins up to date, and remote services have their certificate in order and everything this can cause issues and slow down.

Also with previous version of VRO, like with 7.0, we had issues that was forcing us to reboot every week or so, I had a case open and we never figured it out, so I updated the OS and things have improved.

Let us know how your memory adjustement went.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sorry about the bad link... if you search the knowledge base there is definitely one that covers whatever version of vRO you use.  There shouldn't be too much difference with configuring an embedded install as opposed to a standalone aside from the fact you'll need to have more total ram on the system to provide for all services that are running.  I think on ours we are running 6 GB of ram dedicated to vRO.  I think the default is 2 or 4... don't remember exactly. 

Paul

legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your advices, I'll try your suggestions at this week and i'll inform you.

0 Kudos