VMware Cloud Community
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

404 on self provisioning portal

We have upgraded one of VCO servers to 5.5, but are not experiencing intermittent 404's when you click on the link to approve the workflow. Doesn't happen 100% of the time, but enough to be an issue. Any insight appreciated

Untitled.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just curious if anyone else has seen this? It will work on subsequent retries, but seems to occur consistently the first time a user access the webform.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes,

We got a similar issue reported recently. And we are working on resolving it.

We are able to reproduce it and as far as I remember it is connected with enabling/disabling cookies.

Will try to find a bit more info tommorow. 

0 Kudos
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, thanks Igor. I also have one other issue which is odd. We have 6 VCO servers, and when I deployed the latest one, a user can request the VM fine, it will send the email for approval, but when you click on the link to approve, the VCO server reports a 404 because it does not redirect to port 443. All of the others will handle redirecting from port 80 to 443 properly...any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is the version of the vCO?

What are the network setting of the server with the issues. Is it  configured to listen to 0.0.0.0  or at specific ip?

Could you provide the example link? 

0 Kudos
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. This is with version 5.5.0 build 1281930. It works just fine on other servers, and it resolving the IP 10.40.33.64 of the box correctly. Links below for comparison:

http://10.31.32.28/vmo/vm_request_portal/form.html?cmd=answer&workflowTokenId=8a9fa09c4492c5f30144ad... (works fine, redirects to 443)

http://10.40.33.64/vmo/vm_request_portal/form.html?cmd=answer&workflowTokenId=8aa8a1c044ad1bfa0144ad... ( does not work, does not resolve to 443)

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like you are hitting this PR - 1198941

There is a patched jar file attached to the PR. Do you have access to VMware internal network?

0 Kudos
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. I have access to product downloads, but not the internal network. Is there some other way to obtain?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I can send the patch to you by email, or I can upload it here in the forums. But first I want to double check with the developer who produced the patch that it is compatible with your vCO build 1281930, which will happen tomorrow.

0 Kudos
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, please let me know. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
mg1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

can you send this one also to me please. We have the same problem with vCO 5.5.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It appears the patched jar file available in the PR is for the upcoming vCO 5.5.1 only, and is not compatible with vCO 5.5.0 Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Attaching the fix. Note that it is valid for vCO 5.5.1 and has not been yet QE verified.

To install the patch.

1. Make sure vCO is updated to version 5.5.1

2. Start once vCO server.

3. Stop vCO server

4. Go to {VCO-INSTALLATION_FOLDER}/app-server/deploy/vco/WEB-INF/lib

5. Replace the jar o11n-webview-server-5.5.1.jar

6. Restart the server

If you are running vCO Appliance make sure that the owner/permissions of the replaced file has not changed.

0 Kudos
mg1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you very much.
Will test this in our dev environment.

0 Kudos
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Igor, thanks for quick reply. Any idea when the standalone version with the fix might be available? We actually use that one due to the custom PowerShell stuff running.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The fix will be included in next update release of (5.5.2). This release is currently planned for August 2014.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

These are the fixes for vCO 5.5.0 and vCO 5.5.1.

0 Kudos