VMware Cloud Community
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vrops access control - apply roles vcenter users?

It appears that users that logon to vrops via the vcenter linkage get "admin" level privileges if they have admin level privs in vcenter. Anyone know if these privs can be changed in vrops? If I look at Administration > Access Control I see any users that have logged on that are not local as greyed out and no way to apply a role to them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rabur210
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, did you get this resolved? I have the same issue and even if the vCenter has been decommissioned as we moved to VCSA, the users from the old vCenter still exist in vROps. Please let me know if you have it removed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
A13xxx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a 5 months plus support call with VMware about the same thing since upgrading to vCops 6.x

Basically in 6.x it is no longer possible to grant vCenter users admin access to 'all objects'. The work around i am using is to add an authentication source (domain) and add users/ groups in that way, you can then edit and grant them admin access to all objects. In global settings i disabled vCenter users logging in. So now in the login you only get domain and local.

In version 5.x you could grant users admin access via vCenter Roles but this no longer seems to transfer over in 6.x

0 Kudos