VMware Cloud Community
alvaropedroni
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vrops 7 vs vrops 6.5 policy overwrite

Hello

vrops 6.5 allows to overwrite the basic policies with the default policies active. I give an example of Datastore

workload is disabled:

001.jpg

for enable datastore workload and change parameter: edit default policy and overwrite basic policy

002.jpg

you can also see the customizations that can be made: datastore i/o read rate - datastore i/o write rate etc.

in the new version 7.0 we see equivalent

003.jpg

workload datatore to exist but not have "datastore i/o read, datastore i/o write etc"

Now edit default policy

004.jpg

and datastore workload is present.

Now edit datastore workload

005.jpg

see image:

datastore workload: this badge is not applicable for the selected object type, but in the previous photo the workload badge exists.

Questions:

1) because I can not see the database workload?

2) box for select: datastore i/o read, datastore write etc etc (present on 6.5) not see. Where are they hidden?

3) if I want to change the values of the datastore-workload 80 90 95 how can I do? since I can not do it by default policy?

006.jpg

my account is admin, and I can not find answers for these problems.
These are just examples, in version 7 there are many policies with the same problem.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

There were major changed between 6.5 and 7.0 where a lot of capacity stuff and a plethora of metrics were removed for one reason and another. Policies were change and for me made to simple. I didn't use the workload metric (still dont) as i still not worked out how they are calculated. Because i dont use them i dont know if they were moved to somewhere else

0 Kudos