VMware Cloud Community
tropix
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vcops-custom: widget not configured

Hi all!

Last week I seted up vCOPS Enterprise + Hyperic to manage both virtual and physical environment.

All works like a charm.

At vcops-custom I found all virtual and physical machines and stuff.

But, I tried to create a custom dahsboard with no success. I added to this dashborad the Health-Workload Scoreboard.

I made all configs but I am still receiving the message "Widget Not Configured".

What I am doing wrong?

Best,

Eduardo.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TBKing
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you select "Self Provider" radio button under the Widget Title.

Other/similar hints: sometimes you have to search out where they put the "Save" buttons, depending on the Widgets

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TBKing
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you select "Self Provider" radio button under the Widget Title.

Other/similar hints: sometimes you have to search out where they put the "Save" buttons, depending on the Widgets

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

TO start off - the Health-Workload scoreboard is one of my less favorite of the widgets given certain interaction limitations. It does have a place, though, in some dashboard layouts.

TBKing is correct, in that forgetting to check "Self Provider" is one of the most common mistakes in configuring a standalone widget.

However, please also check and ensure that you haven't just "picked" a resource to display, but also ensure you've populated it below in the "Selected Resources" pane.

Also, make sure your selected workload attribute is valid for the resources you've selected.. not all workload attributes on the list apple to all resources.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
tropix
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks you all!

Worked! :smileygrin:

Best,

Eduardo.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos