VMware Cloud Community
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere World Group

I'm trying to finish off a vROps greenfields install, I'm having issues associating the vSphere World Group with my default policy. The old environment has it configured. I've been effortlessly trying to find out why for some time with no luck. I've attached old and new environment screenshots. I've based my vROps configuration on the Operationalize Your World blog - http://virtual-red-dot.info/operationalize-sddc-program/

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Iwan_Rahabok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Iliya,

Thanks for reaching via LinkedIn. 

Since you're basing on Operationalize Your World, you do not need to assign the vSphere World group. In general, you do not assign the whole enviromment (which is vSphere World) into a policy. You use the default policy for that. It's the catch all policy.

e1
0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Iwan, thanks for your response (and thanks for accepting my LinkedIn request). How does my new policy look compared to the old? I also have a question on Views below.

Policies

New

Policies_NEW.JPG

Old

Policies_OLD.JPG

Views

I'm trying to schedule a report based on the DEC Cluster Capacity ​(as well as DEC Resource Utilisation) View. I'm getting a blank report when I execute the report

Report (from new environment)

Report.JPG

Report (from old environment - Cluster names greyed out)

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UPDATE on Views/Reports issue.

If I create/edit the report from the Environment tab, the reports work and I can preview data for vSphere World. This didn't work from the Dashboards/Reports section as I could only view Sample data - I don't know why this is the case. Does this mean all reports should be created from the Environments tab?

One of my reports uses the DECS Resource Utilization View. Memory Allocation (%) and Memory Demand (%) are for some reason blank - I'm stuck on this.

note: Cluster Names have been removed.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos