VMware Cloud Community
VMwareConnnect
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere HA status display in vRops dashboard or custom alert configuration

We are using vRops 6.7 . We want to create some sort of dash board or a custom alert that displays a vSphere compute cluster settings like HA status ( enabled or disabled ). I can find some thing for DRS but not for HA. Can someone guide me with steps

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

To get the dashboard to work you will need to import the views as well. You can then reverse engineer it to see how I put in the metrics and filters. 

Here is a blog that shows how to create a view.

http://www.virtuallyphysical.co.uk/2021/03/24/creating-a-view-in-vrops/

Personal blog VMignite.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can get that on my healthchecker dashboard.

http://www.vmignite.com/2021/02/vrops-vsphere-health-checker-dashboard-2-0/

0 Kudos
VMwareConnnect
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the dashboard. While I was trying to import the dashboard, it's giving me error "Index 0, size 0". Did I miss something? I selected overwrite option as well.

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
VMwareConnnect
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I managed to import your dashboards successfully. But I'm wondering how would I embed a custom view that I created in a dashboard.I'm using vRops 6.7. and created a view with list. Now I want to create a dashboard out of it. When I choose create dashboard it displays me all the predefined widgets in widget list. i want to make use of my custom view here instead of pre defined widgets. How would I achieve this. I'm new to vRops. Appreciate any help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
VMwareConnnect
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can we create a custom dashboard from a view. I'm actually planning to create a custom view and create a custom dashboard. While creating a dashboard it seems I have to select one of the existing widgets . For example from your view VM with multiple VMdks , i want to create a dashboard or run report

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

To get the dashboard to work you will need to import the views as well. You can then reverse engineer it to see how I put in the metrics and filters. 

Here is a blog that shows how to create a view.

http://www.virtuallyphysical.co.uk/2021/03/24/creating-a-view-in-vrops/

0 Kudos
VMwareConnnect
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found it. I have to select "View Widget" under Widget list and then use this View.. Great.. thanks for all your help and responses.

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I suggest building a new 8.5 vROPS in parallel and decommission the old 6.7 vrops as upgrading the current environment would take way more time without much benefit.  The features since 6.7 are too many to list.   

0 Kudos