VMware Cloud Community
GaneshShastri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRops Report - Datastore details (Parent|Datacenter, Parent|vCenter, Parent|Datastore)

Hello Team,

I want to create report as mentioned below from vRops.

I created custom group which display's all datastore in VC, the same custom group i used in report. In views i used Datastore subject, and selected the custom group. I received the other outputs, but i want information like Parent|Datacenter, Parent|vCenter, Parent|Datastore of custom group datastore objects. So i used Host System in the view subject, but i got NIL values in views and report.

pastedImage_0.png

Can anybody help me on this., like what custom group i need to use to get all these information. I need this info ASAP...

Regards

Ganesh Shastri.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

It would be blank because the datastore does not have a relationship to a specific vcenter/cluster/host

A datastore can be across different hosts, clusters, vcenters and even sites so it does not have the same parent property as the rest.

A hosts can only be part of one cluster and one vcenter so it will always have one parent the same goes for a cluster. If you think about it. You have two 10 node clusters all sharing the same datastore what host/cluster would be the parent? Only objects that can have one parent will have that property.

0 Kudos