VMware Cloud Community
Cookiesmonster
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize alerts

Hi,

Do alerts automatically close when a situation like a down network link no longer is down?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
conyards
Expert
Expert

Alerts indicate a problems that must be resolved so that triggering conditions no longer exist and the alert is cancelled. Suggested resolutions are provided as recommendations so that you can approach the problem with solutions.

As you monitor alerts, you can take ownership, suspend, or manually cancel alerts.

When you cancel an alert, the alert and any symptoms of type fault, message event, or metric event are canceled. You cannot manually cancel other types of symptoms. If the alert was triggered by a fault symptom, message event symptom or metric event symptom, then the alert is effectively canceled. If the alert was triggered by a metric symptom or property symptom, a new alert might be created for the same conditions in the next few minutes.

The correct way to remove an alert is to address the underlying conditions that triggered the symptoms and generated the alert."

Text copied from;

vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.1 Documentation Center

Hope this helps.

Simon

https://virtual-simon.co.uk/
0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not all alerts automatically cancel/close, but some do.  From what I've seen, it appears that alerts triggered on metric/property based symptoms will cancel automatically.  Alerts triggered on event/fault based symptoms do not necessarily cancel automatically.  In my experience the network ones do not auto cancel.  Unfortunately I haven't found any thing in the docs specifically about this.

0 Kudos