VMware Cloud Community
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRealize Operations and vSphere Replication

Hi,

Is there any solution to provide alert in vRealize when there is an issue with vSphere Replication ??

Regards,

Sebastian

3 Replies
RyanH84
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I know you can configure alarms in vCenter to watch for vReplication issues, there is a great blog post here about it. With that, you can have the alarm email you for alerting purposes.

What I'm not sure about is custom alarms in vCenter and having vROPs alert on it also, that probably needs some testing unless anyone else can comment on it.

Why do you want it in vROPs out of interest?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk
0 Kudos
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi RyanH84,

Thx for reply Smiley Happy this will help a lot I think Smiley Happy

Why do I need this ? Smiley Happy

Its simple, vRealize Operations must be (in my opinion of course) a complex tool to monitor all infrastructure. There are packs to monitor storage, to monitor for example vCloud Director, etc. If in same case there is a failure of host with vSphere Replication Virtual Machine,  after restart of this Appliance I noticed that, there is a problem with replication. So it would be great to monitor this replication and alert.

Regars,

Sebastian

KissTibor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Sebastian,

I fully agree with you! This feature is missing for me too. Maybe vROPS 6.6? Smiley Happy

Tibi