VMware Cloud Community
Muhit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRealize Operations Manager user-password problem

Hi, I have an interesting problem about "admin" user and it's password on vRealize Operations Manager. I change the admin's password with

$VMWARE_PYTHON_BIN $VCOPS_BASE/../vmware-vcopssuite/utilities/sliceConfiguration/bin/vcopsSetAdminPassword.py --reset

command. I can connect with ssh with admin@vropsserver and there is no error about password but I cannot connect second time via web UI with same password . I can connect at first time but if I try connect second time I get "Invalid user/password" error. My vRealize Operations Manager version is 6.4

-Arda
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Muhit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I found the solution I think so.

Log in to the Admin or Product UI of VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.x as admin fails with the ...

There was a KB about this issue. I couldn't find at my first search. Briefly the solution is delete the line "failed_attempts=" in /storage/vcops/user/conf/adminuser.properties with use a text editor.

-Arda

View solution in original post

7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

"A second time" meaning while you have an active SSH session you cannot login to the web interface?

0 Kudos
Muhit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can do ssh connection always. There is no problem about ssh connection or ssh and login same time. But I cannot login via web GUI second or third time. Actually it's not about second time or third time or any login count. It's about time and the time is like 1-2 minutes. Sorry for my English.

-Arda
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried clearing browser cookies and cache for your vROps site?

0 Kudos
Muhit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I try login with different browsers and different computers actually. The error cannot be about cache or cookies.

-Arda
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried rebooting the appliance? I remember coming across this a while back but don't remember the exact fix.

Muhit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I try reboot now. There is no problem for 20-30 minutes. I will update this status tomorrow. Thanks daphnissov

-Arda
0 Kudos
Muhit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I found the solution I think so.

Log in to the Admin or Product UI of VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.x as admin fails with the ...

There was a KB about this issue. I couldn't find at my first search. Briefly the solution is delete the line "failed_attempts=" in /storage/vcops/user/conf/adminuser.properties with use a text editor.

-Arda