VMware Cloud Community
FedorRubalsky
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Operations Manager licence question

Hello,

I recently downloaded vROPS 7.0 and currently using an evaluation licence. My company Already has a vRealize Suite licence purchased which I would like to use for vROPS, however when I got to licence option in vROPS, the only option available is vRealize Operations Manager. I used my personal account to download vROPs, however I would like to avoid redeploying vROPs using corporate account if possible.

pastedImage_1.png

3 Replies
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

Hello and welcome to the VMTN forums!

I believe you would enter your vRealize Suite license here (Select vRealize Operations Manager), You would only see vROps and installed vROps packs in that dropdown.

Note though, that you need to ensure that your version of vRealize Suite includes vROps 7.0 (I think you need version 2018)

Let us know how you get on.

Graham | User Moderator | https://virtualg.uk
0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

for 7.0 you do indeed need to upgrade your licence in the portal. we are using

VMware vRealize Suite 2018 Advanced for vRealize Operations

sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

More details in the release notes: vRealize Operations Manager 7.0 Release Notes

Applying License Keys

IMPORTANT: vRealize Operations Manager 7.0 is a major version that requires a new license key. All license keys except vSOM Enterprise Plus and its add-ons are invalidated. The product will work in evaluation mode until a new valid license key, which can be obtained from the MyVMware portal, is installed. After you log in to the user interface of vRealize Operations Manager, if you see that you are using an evaluation license, consider applying for a new license before the end of the 60-day evaluation period.

In addition to the existing per operating system instance (OSI) licensing, vRealize Operations Standard edition is also available on a per processor (CPU) basis. Licensing for other editions of vRealize Operations is unchanged and continues to be available on a per OSI metric.

You can install multiple Advanced and Enterprise editions in the same vRealize Operations Manager deployment. You can deploy single choice and suite licenses together. License counting for individual license keys is handled through licensing groups. You can mix editions or licensing models in one of the following ways:

Note: You cannot deploy a vRealize Operations Standard edition license with either an Advanced or Enterprise license in the same deployment.

A license key assigned to a vRealize Operations Manager instance only counts towards virtual machines that are powered on. To be compliant, you need enough licenses to cover average powered-on VMs over trailing 365 days.

The vRealize Operations Standard edition does not entitle you to create or edit views, dashboards, super metrics and reports, automated actions, and business intent based automated and schedulable workload balancing. This functionality was enforced by EULA in previous editions of vRealize Operations. With vRealize Operations 7.0, this functionality is enforced through the user interface and not just the EULA. For more details on entitlement, please see the Edition Compare table from the following link: https://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-operations.html.

Note: For details about the removal of vRealize Configuration Manager from vRealize Operations Advanced/Enterprise, see KB 56957.

Regards Sunny
0 Kudos