VMware Cloud Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

vRealize Operations Cluster elastic heap memory is running low

Hi,

i receive the following warning since today.

"vRealize Operations Cluster elastic heap memory is running low"

Our environment has 2 nodes and the node configuration is 4 vCPU´s and 22 GB of Memory.

I check the sizing for our collected metrics and it seems to be ok.

We are collecting under 1000 Objects and around 212000 Metrics.

The recommendatoins is to add a node to the cluster. But i didn´t think that that is the root cause.

Any ideas are appreciated

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
8 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have HA enabled? What adapters/MPs are you running and how many?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi Mark,

no, i did not enable HA.

We are running the following adapters

NetApp

Brocade

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

any ideas?

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same issue here, heap memory running low seems to have started shortly after upgrading to 6.2.   What version of vRops are you running?

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

i guess i have to open a ticket next week.

Did you find a solution for that?

Frank

0 Kudos
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ended up opening a support case with VMWare.  Not much progress has been made to resolve the issue.  They had me try rebalancing my adapter instances, which didn't help.  They've also had me add additional vram to vrops cluster nodes, and that did not help either.  If I look at the Total Capacity counter for the vRops Cluster, prior to my upgrade to 6.2, it shows a flat line of 28.03 GB, which dips to 11.12 GB on the date that I upgrade to 6.2, and has stayed flat at 11.12 since despite having added additional vram. The condition definitely  seems to be tied to upgrading from 6.1 to 6.2 .

3-23-2016 4-47-04 PM.png

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

the funny thing is, that i want to open a call as well. But on Monday last week, the issue was gone ;-(

I don´t know what was happen because i did not change anything.

But i have check the value you posted. And it is absolutly the same in my environment. The issue is gone, but the total capacity drop from 24,4 GB to 11,12

Frank

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Did you get some news from VMware about your call?

Frank

0 Kudos