VMware Cloud Community
xlpnycm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Operations Application Monitoring - Stuck at 'Install in Progress'

Hi All.

I'm a newbie to vrops, so maybe a silly question, but I would greatly appreciate any help. We have a single Node Installation of vRops Enterprise 8.4

ARC was recently announce as deprecated and We deployed the Cloud Application Proxy. Deployment was successful.But, When trying to install the telegraf agent to a Windows VM from 'Manage Agents' Page, the 'Last Operation Status' column shows 'Install in Progress', but stucks indefinitely there. I'm following the troubleshooting steps in VMware docs, without success. (Doc is not very clear in this aspect, also).

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xlpnycm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally Solved.

Error was in Cloud Account. After modifying it and selecting Cloud Proxy As collector and deleting the account created under 'Other Accounts', Agent started deploy without issues.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jimmy_Phillips
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You may have to manually install the agent on the server itself and vROPs is waiting for the installation to complete. 

Check for the files "c:\vmware\ucp\download" if it is Windows server.

0 Kudos
xlpnycm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, No directory C:\vmware gets created in Windows Machine. UAC is disabled, user is a Domain Admin, and all prerequisites, as stated in https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/8.4/com.vmware.vcom.core.doc/GUID-85EC81E1-A4...  are in place.

Simply, it doesn't appears to be doing nothing. Stuck at 'Install in progress'

0 Kudos
KabirAli82
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you sure port 443 on ESX and Cloud Proxy are open and reachable?

I had an issue with installing the agent and it turned out to be pot 443 on the ESX was firewalled.

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Braindumping @ http://kablog.nl/
Tweeting @ https://twitter.com/_Kabir_Ali_
0 Kudos
viju2008
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello 

Are all ports mentioned in Ports vmware enabled. Is the communication established with arc on the ports. You can check netstat output.

You can check uaf-bootstrap.log to find exact reason for failure.

It may not be able to download from arc.

Please check your %Temp% folder. There will be a vrops agent installation folder . In that you will find the logs which wil help you diagnose issue

I had got a similar issue i went into the Temp folder and to the vrops agent folder and did manual install with

cmd /c uaf-bootstrap-launcher.bat > uaf-bootstrap.log 2>&1

With elevated command prompt and it succeded.

UAC was disabled.  

xlpnycm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

All ports are open, and no Firewall is blocking. Can't see any of the logs or folders, nor bootstrap you mention in Windows machine. Out put from netstat shows no communication from cloudproxy (ARC) machine. The only message I've got is a timeout message on the History/recent Tasks from Administration section, on the vrops Admin Web page. It's really frustrating that lack of info.

xlpnycm_0-1621835057155.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
xlpnycm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally Solved.

Error was in Cloud Account. After modifying it and selecting Cloud Proxy As collector and deleting the account created under 'Other Accounts', Agent started deploy without issues.

Thanks 

0 Kudos