VMware Cloud Community
DevanS32
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Operations 6.1 - Monitor Windows Services - EPO

Hi All,

I'm trying to determine how to configure vRealize Operations 6.1 to monitor the same service "ie Antivirus" against all servers which will have the End Point Operations Management agent installed. 

Is this something that is possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Navigate to a hierarchy there you're looking at the "OS" object type, such as Windows. Under "Actions", select "Monitor this OS Object", then select if you want to monitor a process/etc. In v6.1, it doesn't appear that you can apply monitors in bulk via the GUI at a group/parent level. I'll keep looking at this..

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
AaronSixtus1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mark,

I am also struggling to find a way to monitor the same windows service across multiple epops agents. Are you aware of a way to do this outside of the GUI?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
DevanS32
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was wondering if there was any luck with finding a way to do this?  I wonder if a custom plug-in is required?

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've found there is no way in v6.1.0 to monitor windows processes in mass via the GUI. I haven't dug in to the api yet to see if it's possible, but will update again if I can confirm.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.