VMware Cloud Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

vRealize Operations 6.1 End Point Operations

Hi,

i have just setup a test environment where i wan´t to do some testing with the new End Point Agent.

In our production environment, we have some questions about memory issues on vm´s and therefor, i thought it would be nice to see what the new end point agent is telling me.

For me, it is one of the complicated things to look for and, explain the result of the findings. Because of the different metrics that you must take control of. And, of course, the problem that the windows task manager is showing you a different result.

Now, after a day of receiving the metrics from the new end point agent, i wan´t to see what the new metrics are displayed to me.

First, what i check is the guest active memory in normal circumstances.

Looks like that for the last 12 Hours in MB

guestactive.JPG

Now, i check the new end point metrics that are available.

For memory under UTILIZATION and Used Memory

usedmemory.JPG

The VM has 24 GB of RAM configured.

The Task manager show me the same value as the the end point agent is showing me

taskmanager.JPG

So, now, i am as clever as before 🙂

I thought it could help me to show real memory pressure of the vm. But it looks like it is only showing me the task manager values.

How do you explain to your customer or colleagues that a vm does not have any memory pressure if the task manager show, as an example,  7,5 GB Memory usage of an 8 GB configured memory, but the active memory is only showing you 4 gb?

I know that the guest active memory is showing me the active memory for the vm on the host.

I have read a lot of blog posts about memory on vm´s but i did not have found one that clarify me that.

Thanks

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
0 Replies