VMware Cloud Community
vmsysadmin20111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vROps stopped generating heatmaps

Hi all,

just installed the latest vROps 6.0.1.2523163 in my lab and run it for a few days to collect some data.

A few days in now in my evaluation, and started noticing strange things with my vROps install - the alarms were no longer automatically cleared when the issue was resolved (datastore paths down after the SAN maintenance, high VM cpu utilization, etc. - alerts were cleared manually but still show up in the summary view). This morning I logged into the UI and noticed that it stopped generating heatmaps.

When I try to edit the heatmap widget, I get messages like "The editor function not properly defined for widget 'VMs Heatmap Sized By Memory Demand (%) and Colored by Memory Swapped (KB)". It looks like all heatmap definitions just disappered.. If I go to an object - > "Details" and try to click on heatmap button, nothing happens.

Tried to restart the appliance a few times with no effect. How do I start to troubleshoot this? Alternatively, how do I reinstall and preserve the collected data?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jengl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi all,

I had the same problem with my installation of 6.0.1. Tried all solutions mentioned, but nothing helped.

At the end the problem laid in my Adblocker add-in for Firefox. I disabled it for the vROPS-website and all heatmaps began to work.

Maybe you can learn from my faults Smiley Happy.

Greetings,

jengl

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I thought I was the only person with this problem Smiley Happy.  Do you also have the vRealize for Horizon .pak file installed?  I do, and I was wondering if that maybe screwed things up.  I tried redeploying from scratch but had the same problems again, so I don't think that's going to help you.

I think I'm going to redeploy 6.0 as a test.

0 Kudos
vmsysadmin20111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply! Good to hear I'm not the only one hitting this issue.

No, I don't have the Horizon pack installed yet (it was my next step in this eval), so pretty much vanilla install - just vCenter adapter and vCenter Python actions adapter.

0 Kudos
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is funny..  I downloaded the .pak upgrade file for 6.0.1 and installed that over my freshly deployed 6.0.1 appliance (via the /admin page).  I selected the options Force installation and Reset out-of-the-box content.  After that, my heatmaps are working again, and my data is still intact.

So it seems like maybe something is wrong with the 6.0.1 ova/ovf when deploying from scratch.

Edit: This may have worked too: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2105967

0 Kudos
jengl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi all,

I had the same problem with my installation of 6.0.1. Tried all solutions mentioned, but nothing helped.

At the end the problem laid in my Adblocker add-in for Firefox. I disabled it for the vROPS-website and all heatmaps began to work.

Maybe you can learn from my faults Smiley Happy.

Greetings,

jengl

0 Kudos
vmsysadmin20111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for your note! Disabling uBlock in Firefox for vROps site fixed the heatmaps issue.

0 Kudos
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is interesting.. never had problems with ad-blockers in vCOps 5.x.

Is there a log that shows what specifically is being blocked?

0 Kudos
jengl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos