VMware Cloud Community
stephankuehne
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vROps delete esxi server objects

Hi all,

Recently, two ESXi servers has been removed out of our vCenter which is beeing monitored by vROps.

Since this environment is at kind of implementation phase, nobody thought about vROps at this moment. So they, of course, triggered "Host has lost conneciton to vCenter Server" Alerts. The Problem now is, that if I cancel these alerts, they reappear, because they are still not connected to vCenter (and never will be again).

My Question is, how can I delete them from vROps ? I tried already KB 2109276 (which basically leads to KB 2020638).

I configured it as followed:

deleteNotExisting=true

deletionSchedulePeriod=12

deletionPeriod=12

Did I miss something ?

We are running the following version:

vROps: 6.2.1.3774215 Build 3774215

vCenter: 6.0.0, 3634794

ESXi: 6.0.0, 3568940

Regards,

Stephan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephankuehne
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, I was fighting with this minor issue for almost a week now and as soon as I open a discussion about it, I’ll find the answer accidentally myself …

This is what I did:

• Go to Administration --> Inventory Explorer
  • In the Tree-View, make sure you deselect everything (hitting the “Deselect All” Icon above it)
  • Look for the Host on the right Pane (you can use the search in the upper right corner of the pane)
  • Select it, and hit Delete Object (Red cross on top of right pane)

There might be multiple items related to a Host (e.g. localstorage,…)

My mistake before was, that I went to Inventory browser --> Host System (within the Tree View). There I could choose the actual ESXi Host, but the Delete Object Icon was greyed out.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stephankuehne
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, I was fighting with this minor issue for almost a week now and as soon as I open a discussion about it, I’ll find the answer accidentally myself …

This is what I did:

• Go to Administration --> Inventory Explorer
  • In the Tree-View, make sure you deselect everything (hitting the “Deselect All” Icon above it)
  • Look for the Host on the right Pane (you can use the search in the upper right corner of the pane)
  • Select it, and hit Delete Object (Red cross on top of right pane)

There might be multiple items related to a Host (e.g. localstorage,…)

My mistake before was, that I went to Inventory browser --> Host System (within the Tree View). There I could choose the actual ESXi Host, but the Delete Object Icon was greyed out.