VMware Cloud Community
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vROps Mgr displays dates backwards (US style) and 12 hr time (AM/PM) - how do I change it?

Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to make vROps Mgr 6.1 to display times and dates in proper standardized ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD and HH:MM:SS) and 24-hour clock instead of the semi-backwards dates and AM/PM weird times.

Searching the vROps docs and this forum for "time format" and "date format" doesn't produce any clues. Any ideas?

(The ISO 8601 date format standard has been in effect since 1988, so it's kind of time to make the switch now, VMware. Smiley Wink  (xkcd: ISO 8601) )

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Doh. I actually found the "error" in my end: I had to set Chrome's Language Settings to display pages primarily in Swedish rather than primarily in English. This is since I prefer running Windows and Chrome in English, and thus the default website display language was English.

After restarting Chrome and re-opening the vSphere Web Client, the dates are nice and standardized, and there is no question which is the date and the month. Smiley Happy

(actually, I only tested this in vSphere Web Client, but I assume vROps will work in a similar way)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Doh. I actually found the "error" in my end: I had to set Chrome's Language Settings to display pages primarily in Swedish rather than primarily in English. This is since I prefer running Windows and Chrome in English, and thus the default website display language was English.

After restarting Chrome and re-opening the vSphere Web Client, the dates are nice and standardized, and there is no question which is the date and the month. Smiley Happy

(actually, I only tested this in vSphere Web Client, but I assume vROps will work in a similar way)

0 Kudos