VMware Cloud Community
Ryan701
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vROps Endpoint Agent - Could not reserve enough space for object heap endpoint agent

I’m working to get the End Point agent (Agent-x86-64-win-6.6.1-6091118) installed in our environment and have come across an issue with some systems giving a response of "Error occurred during initialization of VM. Could not reserve enough space for object heap". I have verified the system has enough resources and tried to reinstall the agent but it always comes back to the same error. Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Here is my full error:

C:\installer\EP-Agent\bin\ep-agent.bat status

Logs can be found at: C:\installer\EP-Agent\bin\..\log\agent.operations.log

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Press any key to continue . . .  

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is your question answered by running as admin?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's a Java error. Which EpOps agent package did you install on this system (the exact name)? Is this a 64-bit or 32-bit system?

0 Kudos
Ryan701
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The EpOps agent that I am using is, vRealize-Endpoint-Operations-Management-Agent-x86-64-win-6.6.1-6091118.exe. This is a 64-bit system.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's the agent binary with Java built-in. Are you running the cmd process as an administrator? Can you attach the output log?

Ryan701
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks daphnissov

Your suggestion about running the cmd as admin has helped which was an over sight on my part. I am finding some instances are needing to be fully re-installed so something must have gotten hung up during install. Our initial push was done through SCCM so that might have something to do with some of the issues.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is your question answered by running as admin?

0 Kudos
Ryan701
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, by running the commands locally as admin I didn't receive the heap error.

Thank you daphnissov

I have 44 out of 400 EP agents that aren't reporting back and it seems each is a snowflake to fix them.

0 Kudos