VMware Cloud Community
Nyphalin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

[vROps] Dashboard Widget 'Snapping'

Is it possible to turn off widget 'snapping'? I'm trying to create a dashboard and I cannot get widgets in proper locations, or sizes because they continuously snap to one another, or auto size. How can I turn this off so I have free reign of moving the widgets?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Iwan_Rahabok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We have fixed it to a large extent in 6.3. You will find it much easier to arrange a more complex lay out.

I'm using both 6.2.1 and 6.3 daily, working with around 40 dashboards (see Operationalize SDDC program). 6.3 is not 100% perfect, but it's way easier than 6.2.1 in creating the layout you want.

Cheers!

e1, CMBU

e1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Nyphalin,

Normally, the widget are not snapping nor auto-sizing. May be you need to change or update your browser.

Regards.

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I've seen this with different browsers and versions.  When you're dragging widgets to a new custom dashboard it can sometimes be frustrating trying to get them sized and in the right position.  Normally I use Chrome, but I've had better luck using Firefox for this.  I don't think there's a way to turn it off.

0 Kudos
Iwan_Rahabok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We have fixed it to a large extent in 6.3. You will find it much easier to arrange a more complex lay out.

I'm using both 6.2.1 and 6.3 daily, working with around 40 dashboards (see Operationalize SDDC program). 6.3 is not 100% perfect, but it's way easier than 6.2.1 in creating the layout you want.

Cheers!

e1, CMBU

e1
0 Kudos