VMware Cloud Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vROps Cluster

Hi best community,

Two quesitons reagding vRO ps6.

How can I balance and distribute the data that is been collected among the nodes if I have more than one node?

The Second question do I need more than one license if I have more than one node in the cluster ?

Thanks

vSohill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You license the CPU of hosts you're monitoring or VM/Objects you're monitoring not how many vrops server you install.

To rebalance login to one the vrops server. Go on the configuration/Cluster Management Page. You'll find in the action the rebalance option.

4.png

Here you can rebalance the adapter, the gemfire (in memory data) and disk space (in my case this did not work too well, my data are mostly on one of the node of the cluster).

5.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You license the CPU of hosts you're monitoring or VM/Objects you're monitoring not how many vrops server you install.

To rebalance login to one the vrops server. Go on the configuration/Cluster Management Page. You'll find in the action the rebalance option.

4.png

Here you can rebalance the adapter, the gemfire (in memory data) and disk space (in my case this did not work too well, my data are mostly on one of the node of the cluster).

5.png

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos