VMware Cloud Community
alaingeenrits1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vROps 7.5 app remote collector agent install fails

Hi,

I am trying the new app remote collector in vROps 7.5. Installation and connection to vCenter is fine. Unable to install CentOs7 agent or Windows 2016 agent from the remote agent console. Both have VM Tools 10.2 installed (replaced open source version on CentOS). Since they both failed i thought it was the old vCenter issue with symbols in passwd, so I changed linux root user to other passwd. Still fails. I get:

com.vmware.adapter3.applicationdiscovery.AppOSAdapter.logAdapterActionResult - [2019-04-17 13:07:37.417000 UTC]Task with operation install failed at 1555506457417 with reason Failed to connect to vCenter. Please check the credentials. Unable to acquire token

[654] 2019-04-17 15:07:57,322 ERROR [pool-1-thread-8] (74) com.vmware.adapter3.applicationdiscovery.actions.dispatch.UCPActionExecutor.checkActionStatus - Could not fetch auth token from UCP API. Unable to fetch the status from doc link. Hence trying from file...

Any ideas ? Anyone tried this yet?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Same problem but not to worried as i will never use vrops to install the agent as we have to many VMs and would want to use SCCM. I have not found a way to get a install file out side of using vrops. I have a question in with my TAM but no word yet.

0 Kudos
cmalek
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly same issue... have you found a solution yet?

0 Kudos
alaingeenrits1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry, did not see your reply before. No I have not and not seen anything about it. Going to take it back up.

0 Kudos
mghal40
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did these machines have agents previously? You may try and delete the previous tokens.

0 Kudos
cmalek
Contributor
Contributor

In my case no previous agents were installed.

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

first, i have the log error VMTools version not supported. After installed the latest Tools Version 10.3.5 i receive the message

ERROR [ActionStatusThread] (2692) com.vmware.adapter3.applicationdiscovery.AppOSAdapter.logAdapterActionResult - [2019-07-08 14:30:06.393000 UTC]Task with operation install failed at 1562596206393 with reason Bootstrap Failed for VM 23BB174D-71C8-4641-9D8A-B5B7C7067D5F_vm-1359 with error message:{

[55] "status":"FAILED",

[56] "data":[

[57] {

[58] "status":"FAILED",

[59] "message":" Failed to download: https://mycollectorvm:8999/downloads/salt/uaf/sd-svc-signatures-windows.yaml. errcode=8",

[60] "stage":"1"

[61] }

[62] ],

[63] "currentstage":"1",

[64] "totalstages":"1"

The file is not available on the link above. I think i have to raise a call.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
DavidGee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JimKnopf99 did you have any luck with support as I'm seeing the same issue with a new deployment? where the .yaml file just doesn't seem to exist on the collector appliance

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

not yet. I am still waiting for response. They are investigating. I will let you know if i am getting a solution.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

By the way, does someone know if it is possible to install the agent without using the vROps Website?

Where can i get the agent and how to configure it to use the vROps Server?

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
DavidGee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the update, I've contacted my account team re the issue as well so if I hear anything I'll share it on here.

Dave

0 Kudos
DavidGee
Contributor
Contributor

HI All,

after re-deploying the Application Remote Collector appliance, this has resolved and the files are now showing on the path detailed above. I am now getting a different issue which i'm continuing to investigate with GSS. but it may be worth giving this a try.

Cheers,

Dave

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

i try this multiple times. On different environments.

ESXi 6.0 vCenter 6.5

ESXi 6.7 vCenter 6.7

I have different issues with the deployment.

If the first boot was successfull  i change password, activate ssh and set the timezone.

After that, i reboot the vm and it hung at the guest os initiazization script.

Or the deployment boot up with localhost.localdomain instead of using my settings that i have configured in the depoyment process.

Very strange. I have never issues like that with any deployments i have made so far.

Frank

0 Kudos
DavidGee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Frank,

Just wanted to let you know I've seen very similar issues deploying the appliance using vCenter 6.7U, ESXi  6.7.

Either:

A) It deploys and I set the root password, ssh and timezone then when I deploy an agent I get an error saying that it failed to upload the command to the VM though it does create a folder for the bootstrap in %appdata% under the install account.

or

B) It deploys I set the password, ssh and timezone and then the https://FQDN:8999/downloads/salt/uaf/ path is empty, usually, when this happens I also end up after a reboot where I can't get either remote or console root access

so far this has occurred at roughly 3 x scenario B to 1 x scenario A which really doesn't help.

Dave

0 Kudos
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just want to share my experience

We had this problem as well as other ones! so how we solved our problem. We had time and FQDN issue, so we changed our NTP server and used FQDN instead of IP address in the configuration of our Application Remote Collector (when you want to add Application Remote Collector in vROM). Remember this, I found it helpful, "the credential used to add vCenter into vROM must have the privilege to install the agent on VMs." So we used a domain credential.

I hope this information can be helpful

0 Kudos
lucasmveds
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

The remote collector appliance must have access to the internet.

I fixed it configuring proxy in the remote collector appliance.

You have to edit the file: “/etc/sysconfig/proxy”.

0 Kudos
ninjabrum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The individual agent installers are available in My VMware product downloads.

0 Kudos
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All

This is old thread but I have same issue with vROPs 8.6.2 and so far GSS don't know what is the resolution. They going to open PR now. 

I'm suspecting that reinstalling proxy will fix issue but maybe someone has simple permanent solution for that issue?

0 Kudos
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I manage to resolve that issue by removing the ARC adapter from VMware vRealize Application Manager Pack. The adapter was added the automatically and now I can install agent from UI.

Hope that this will help someone with similar problem 

0 Kudos