VMware Cloud Community
rm_bk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vROPs 8.6.2 network broken on initial deployment?

I'm trying to stand up a new vROPs appliance using the 8.6.2 OVA.  The appliance is not pingable and I cannot reach the web interface.  I've tried both static IPv4 and DHCP -- same result.

Here's the odd part: I can successfully ping outbound from this appliance.  An inbound ping gets no reply.  ifconfig increments the packets received counter with each ping so I know the pings are arriving.  netstat -l shows RX-ERR incrementing with each ping.

I've never seen anything like this before.

Edit: I get ping replies during graceful VM shutdown (initiated from vCenter).

Edit2: 8.6.1 does the same thing.

4 Replies
rm_bk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

iptables -I INPUT -j ACCEPT

The above allows me to ping the appliance.  But I still cannot reach the web interface.  Via netstat I don't see anything listening on port 443.

0 Kudos
rm_bk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Resolved.  The problem was due to OVA deployment from a content library.  Uploading the OVA directly from my PC during the deployment process "fixed" the networking issue.

Yet another vSphere 7.x bug...

Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm getting the same issue, but uploading the ova locally doesn't resolve it for me unfortunately

0 Kudos
JamesCurtis
Contributor
Contributor

I have been looking for this problem all day. Thank you very much. I have no idea about the consequences of deploying ova templates from the content library, because I used to deploy nsx by uploading ova to the content library and then deploying it to the virtual machine.

0 Kudos