VMware Cloud Community
burtons
Contributor
Contributor

vROPS: Maximum Monthly Unique User Count

My company is moving users from XenDesktop to View and we are trying to create a charge back model for the Horizon VMs.  We have concurrent licensing but need to know a total of how many different people log into the system each day/week/month.  I am able to pull reports that show the unique user count per day but not weekly or monthly.  vROPS averages the daily count out over a month and does not differentiate between user A who has logged in for 20 days or user B has logged in for 1 day.  Is there a table that shows monthly logon activity?

Thanks,

Steve

2 Replies
ihhall86
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issue too, we can see the total current user count per pool or as a whole, but we need to see unique user logins for reporting.  I know we can pull how many users who have access but that is of little use to us right now.

Any help on this would be awesome.

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There's a view called "Horizon User Session Statistics" that shows the sum of time a user has logged in.  You can change the time period and this should give you a list of each user that has logged in and how much time they were logged in over the time period.  You'd have to add up the users from the report though.  Another option might be to use a custom view of "VDI Desktop Sessions".  The session objects have the last logon timestamp, which will tell you the last time they were logged in.  The session objects are a combination of user and desktop, so for example if I login to three different View desktops that is three sessions.  Subsequent logins update the existing session object for that user + desktop combination.  If a lot of your users use multiple desktops then this probably isn't ideal for a unique user report, but if most of them use a single desktop it might be helpful if you want to see the last logon time in addition to the duration.

0 Kudos