VMware Cloud Community
pan1268
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vROPS Management Pack

Dear Experts,

Need your help - I am new to learning vROPS  and may be this question is very basic. I was looking at the  vROPS management packs - seems the SDDC Health Management pack exists but shows the status "Non Configured" - so I assume the management pack is installed but is not configured. The question I have is the alerts definitions ( for example - vCenter server is down )  under the SDDC Health Management pack - will be triggered in case the SDDC Health management pack status is "None Configured".

Many thanks in advance for the advice.

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmrale
Expert
Expert

Hi,

a Management Pack adds i.a. new alert definitions but if an appropriate adapter is not configured properly (account, fqdn, credentials) and new alerts definitions are not added to active policy, then they won't be triggered.

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
Uday_Mantri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

When we install SDDC MP, it should automatically create adapter instances as per the number of nodes in the vROPs cluster. Please confirm the version of vROPs you are using and also the version of SDDC MP.

0 Kudos