I have run into the below error in both my lab and production environments when running the assessment tool. It's not clear what is failing on the checks. I did open a support case this morning but wanted to also post here...
I had a similar thing. It would seem that the upgrade to 8.0 runs the precheck as part of the upgrade now as well If the pre check fails on something the upgrade will also fail. it looks like you are failing on the same thing i was here is the end of the list you cant see. guessing it may be a browser bug
The strange thing for me was my admin account had not expired. I checked bu su admin on each host and it worked fine. I got around it by changing my admin password
I just installed the Assessment Tool a second time and it reports no issues. But the Update from 7.5 to 8.0 fails...
So I was waiting to post until I was for sure, but I had also discovered after looking at the logs it was getting hung up on the admin account even though it is not expired. I changed the account password in the LAB environment earlier this morning and the upgrade finally started. It's been running for a few hours now, longer than expected since this was a simple LAB deployment with not much data.
Here we go....
"That is a known show stopper for the upgrade to 8.0, and there's 2 different "admin" accounts - one for the UI and one for the OS. They should both have the same password, but if you reset the admin password via the UI, I do not believe it changes it on the OS. "
Upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0 stuck at stage 4/9.
During upgrade it creates an new partition /photo-live with a size of 4.3GB.
a few moments later this new partition is 100% used an upgrade stops:
Funny thing is, that prechecks are okay:
Does anyone see the same behaviour?
Thanks for your reply.
/dev/sdc1 was empty after creation and then filled up in 1-2 minutes.
It's already running for about 4 hours, but I will wait until tommorrow morning. It's only my test-system.
yes, it´s probably a bug, but I managed to solve it.
Have you installed a custom certificate? It was my case.
Just follow this KB article to solve it: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2105229
After reloading the default certificate I was able to upgrade from version 7.5 to 8.0 without issues.
Note: the appliance will restart during the upgrade process. You will have to login again at the admin interface. It will continue on step 5 after the reboot.
When the installation is finished, you can reinstall your custom certificate.
Hope this helps. Also hope VMware to solve this.
My 'lab' environment did stick as well at 4/9 for over 24 hours. I eventually blew it away and created fresh as it was just a vanilla deployment. I did however proceed with my upgrade for my production environment and it completed without any issues.
After resetting the pw I had to run $VMWARE_PYTHON_BIN $VCOPS_BASE/../vmware-vcopssuite/utilities/sliceConfiguration/bin/vcopsSetAdminPassword.py --reset to get mine to work properly.
Then I passed the assessment...
Then now its hung at .pak files
status shows :
$VMWARE_PYTHON_BIN $ALIVE_BASE/../vmware-vcopssuite/utilities/pakManager/bin/vcopsPakManager.py --action query_pak_files [
...... etc .... manually bringing the pak's back online did not work. I do have a ticket now open
I had the same problems and I solved it as follows:
- first back up the appliance
- I had to change the root and admin password
- to increase partition size / dev / sda i used kb https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/75298
If you use Application Remote Collector, it should also be updated https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/8.0/com.vmware.vcom.config.doc/GUID-AF30EB3B-... -8AEC-AB44E7E42875.html
I hope this help!
Good day to all.
I was trying to perform the upgrade (from 220.127.116.1165947 to 18.104.22.16857694) and kept failing at step 4 of 9. My hard disk 1 was at 20GB so I did not suspect it as being the culprit (VM articles about disk space mention to bring it up to 20GB). Well it turns out I was mistaken. Added 10GB to it and upgrade went flawlessly.
Hope this can help someone too.