VMware Cloud Community
rupeshdnair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vROPS 6.6 appliance not showing in VCSA 6.5 u1

Apologies if this question has already been asked. havent managed to find much info online.

I've just deployed a new vROPS 6.6 appliance and configured the vSphere solution to connect to vcsa 6.5 u1. The collection process started and I let it run for a couple of days. However, the vROPS appliance does not show in vcenter web client (Home>vROPS). I tried the steps mentioned in the KB 2145264 to unregister and reregister the vcops plugins. The strange part is the vcops plugins folder is not available in vcsa path (/etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/)

Appreciate anyone's help. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rupeshdnair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Its a bummer. I'm being told by VMware support and I quote

The vRealize Operations Manager NGC plugin for the vSphere Web Client has been removed in vRealize Operations Manager 6.6.  please see: https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/6.6/rn/vrops-66-release-notes.html

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/6.6/rn/vrops-66-release-notes.html     

So, I guess there wont be health badges on the vcenter web client going forward. Bad!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What permissions do the credentials have which you're using to connect vROps to vCenter?

0 Kudos
rupeshdnair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Its using the full administrator credentials to connect to vcenter from vrops.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What happens if you manage registrations and attempt to reregister the extension from the vSphere solution? Do you get a failure message?

0 Kudos
rupeshdnair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No failure messages. All test successful

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you restarted the web client service on vCenter after registering?

0 Kudos
rupeshdnair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes I restarted the service. I followed the KB 2145264 to the dot.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

And if you enter the MOB on vCenter, do you see the extension for vROps?

0 Kudos
rupeshdnair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, the com.vmware.vcops plugin shows up in vcenter mob, with the IP address

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried to manually remove the MOB registration and re-register from within vROps? If that still doesn't work (after you restart the web client service), I'll test it in my lab to see if I can reproduce.

0 Kudos
rupeshdnair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I guess the KB talks about manually removing the plugin from the mob, and then reregistering the plugin from vrops. so, yes tried that as well. Still no luck. I just opened a ticket with vmware as well.

0 Kudos
rupeshdnair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Its a bummer. I'm being told by VMware support and I quote

The vRealize Operations Manager NGC plugin for the vSphere Web Client has been removed in vRealize Operations Manager 6.6.  please see: https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/6.6/rn/vrops-66-release-notes.html

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/6.6/rn/vrops-66-release-notes.html     

So, I guess there wont be health badges on the vcenter web client going forward. Bad!

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Good to know, but at least they put it in the release notes. It's probably a good thing since that plug-in caused problems and generally slowed down the responsiveness of the web client.

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks for the information.

I tried to get it working until I saw your post.

RIP vROps webclient plugin

0 Kudos