VMware Cloud Community
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vROPS : 6.6.1 Importing a custom policy fails with the error : Incorrect file uploaded

Hi All

Importing a custom policy in VMware vRealize Operations 6.6.1.7160163 (Build 7160163) fails with the error: "Incorrect file uploaded"

I manage to upload same custom policy to other vROPs deployment so the policy are OK just something went wrong with that vROPs instance.

vROPs logs $ALIVE_BASE/user/log/analytics_UUID.log

2019-07-15 13:32:09,921 ERROR [ServerConnection on port 10000 Thread 6642 ] com.vmware.vcops.controller.retriever.PolicyImportExportHandler.importAlertContent - Failed to import alert content, errMsg=Reco

mmended action contains invalid action adapter key

2019-07-15 13:32:09,921 ERROR [ServerConnection on port 10000 Thread 6642 ] com.vmware.vcops.controller.retriever.PolicyService.processException - importPolicy failed: Failed to import alert content

com.vmware.vcops.common.l10n.LocalizedRuntimeException: Failed to import alert content

I found KB VMware Knowledge Base looks like same issue but why I can upload same custom policy to other vROPs instance (same version).

The resolution in KB will not help as I can't remove whole alertContent Smiley Happy

Any idea how resolve that problem?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Open a support request with VMware.

0 Kudos
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

done already Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Kpitt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

szafa,

Are you trying to import from a previous version? There was a hotfix created for policy import failures from 6.4 which you might be hitting? In that SR you may want to ask for the most recent Hotfix to apply to your environment.

-K

0 Kudos
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

support didn't help much, policy recreated manually

0 Kudos