VMware Cloud Community
IgorAbzalov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vROPS 6.2 and EMC Storage Analytics 3.5

Hi. Can i use vROPS 6.2 Standard with  EMC Storage Analytics 3.5?

If no, how many vROPS Advanced licenses we need for two EMC VNX 5200 arrays monitoring via EMC Storage Analytics 3.5?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
greco827
Expert
Expert

vROps licensing is based on host socket count.  So however many hosts are connected to those two array's, you would need to license all the sockets on all of those hosts.

The EMC Storage Analytics licenses separately, and it used to be based upon the amount of data on the array.  I'm not certain if this has since changed or not.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
IgorAbzalov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't think so. I have ONE vRealize Operations 6 Standard for 100 VM(s) license, there are no per-socket licenses for vROPS.

For ESA i must upgrade ALL my 100 licenses to Advanced or Enterprise version (EMC and VMware tell me it) - because i can have only ONE instance of vROPS connected to my one instance of vCenter! Also i can't mix Standart and Advanced licenses in my instance of vROPS - when i activate vROPS Advanced license i deactivate all my vROPS Standart licenses.

So, i don't want buy ESA now, it is too expensive way to it!

0 Kudos