VMware Cloud Community
Tottom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vROPS 6.2.1.3774215 - Storage Devices Solution Collection Status "Object Down"

Hi all,

Issue: vROPS 6.2.1.3774215 - Storage Devices Solution Collection Status "Object Down"

vCenters are on 6.0 u2.

vROPS 6.2.1.3774215 - Fresh deployment of Linux Appliance and there is a Master and Master Replica node.

The "VMWare vSphere" adapter is collecting and receiving data successfully.

I had configured the "Management Pack for Storage Devices" with working domain credentials that have the Administrator role in all my vCenters.

The "Collection State" is "Collecting" but the "Collection Status" is "Object down".

I have stopped the cluster and also restarted it using the standard sequence and this also did not change anything.

Does anyone know what the status means? Noting on Google that i am aware of.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!vROPS_Object_Down.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Tottom‌,

Collection State indicates whether the adapter is enabled for data collection.

Collection Status indicates whether the adapter has collected any data.

"Object down" in Collection Status means that adapter instance is not operational (in this case, adapter is MPSD and adapter instances are your vCenters). "Object down" status could be due to many reasons. One of them is vROps is unable to reach to vCenter server configured under MPSD due to invalid credentials but here it looks a different story as you mentioned that the same vCenters are configured as instances with same credentials under VMware vSphere solution as well and It is working fine.

If this is an invalid credentials scenario, you will get alerts as below in the "Alerts" tab of vROps:

"Adapter instance Object is down"

"Adapter Configuration failed"

You may try below things:

1. Verify the credentials once again under MPSD, just to be sure that we are good on this part. Use "Test Connection" button for all vCenters configured under MPSD configuration box. This should tell you if MPSD is able to make a valid connection with the vCenters. You should get info as "Test was successful." for a successful connection.

2. Delete and add fresh credentials in vROps which you are using for making connection between MPSD and vCenters. Note: You cannot delete a credentials which are in use by an adapter instance.

I am assuming that MPSD version is 6.0.5.4015504. If not, you can download from here and try with MPSD 6.0.5

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

-Shivam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Tottom‌,

Collection State indicates whether the adapter is enabled for data collection.

Collection Status indicates whether the adapter has collected any data.

"Object down" in Collection Status means that adapter instance is not operational (in this case, adapter is MPSD and adapter instances are your vCenters). "Object down" status could be due to many reasons. One of them is vROps is unable to reach to vCenter server configured under MPSD due to invalid credentials but here it looks a different story as you mentioned that the same vCenters are configured as instances with same credentials under VMware vSphere solution as well and It is working fine.

If this is an invalid credentials scenario, you will get alerts as below in the "Alerts" tab of vROps:

"Adapter instance Object is down"

"Adapter Configuration failed"

You may try below things:

1. Verify the credentials once again under MPSD, just to be sure that we are good on this part. Use "Test Connection" button for all vCenters configured under MPSD configuration box. This should tell you if MPSD is able to make a valid connection with the vCenters. You should get info as "Test was successful." for a successful connection.

2. Delete and add fresh credentials in vROps which you are using for making connection between MPSD and vCenters. Note: You cannot delete a credentials which are in use by an adapter instance.

I am assuming that MPSD version is 6.0.5.4015504. If not, you can download from here and try with MPSD 6.0.5

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

-Shivam

0 Kudos
Tottom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Shivam,

Thank you for the suggested actions.

I am using the version MPSD version is 6.0.5.4015504.

Although i did do this many time before... this did seem to make the difference.

I changed the logon details for the MPSD to another domain account, and then reverted back to the original account.

Then restarted the Adapter Instances.

Both are collecting and data receiving successfully.

Kind Regards,

Otto Jackson

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hey Otto, Good to know that issue has been resolved. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

-Shivam

0 Kudos