VMware Cloud Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

vCops Dashboard and Hyperic

Hi,

i have installed Hyperic Agent on some of our Servers. Virtual and physical.

Is it possible to create a vcops dashboard for availability for all of those servers?

I am able to create a Scoreboard and ad a server manually. But that is not what i am looking for.

Because i have to add new Servers manually as well.

Thanks

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JCOEN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Frank,

A bit confused by the question. Can you clarify what you're trying to do? There are no default dashboards that will show availability of those new servers. You will have to create one and add them in manually using the availability metrics supplied by Hyperic for the host.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm assuming you have Hyperic integrated with vC Ops using the Hyperic API MP? And now you want to create a dashboard using the resources added from Hyperic?

Scoreboards aren't my first choice of the widgets. GO with something more dynamic like heatmap or custom relationship widgets, where the colores are going by 'availability' as reported from the hyperic adapter. Don't use the 'vc ops generated' availability, as that is different.

For the resource population, choose resource kinds from the hyperic adapter, e.g. win32.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Thats exactly what i am looking for. But i don´t know how to create such a heatmap.

I could create one, but then it is static. Its not add new servers automaticly.

Is that possible? If so, could you please provide me a way how to do so?

Thanks

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

OK,

i could create a heatmap. But there is only the hyperic adapter shown. Is that the same as the vm itself?

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

i create a new Heatmap Dashboard with the following settings for my server

Group: Ressourcentyp

Ressouretype: Windows

Attribut: Availability

After checking the ressource correlation, i saw, that the windows and linux ressources have all of my servers available where i have installed the hyperic agent.

Frank

0 Kudos