VMware Cloud Community
louisvin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCops 5.8 DT Help!

I am not sure if this has already been discussed, if so please point me to the discussion.

Here is my query...

I have a Datastore which is unused (100% free and ready for usage).  But in vCops it's health is around 70 with following Symptoms.

100% - Disk Space | Freespace (GB) - Below DT

100% - Disk Space | Total used (GB) - Above DT

100% - Disk Space | Provisioned Space - Above DT

So, my question is, if the Datastore is not being used would that impact it's health? Or am I missing something here from configuration perspective?

Thanks,

Louis

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Louis

According to the screenshot that you have attached, we see that the unused datastore went to using state, and hence the abnormality is detected versus the historical behavior. It is a big deviation from historic, with typical abnormality degree in history =0. So if the health is calculated based on those three processes, the impact of the observed abnormalities should not be surprsing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Luis,

It looks like strange for me, can you please share a scv file with tab separated data of 100% - Disk Space | Freespace (GB) - Below DT metric?

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I'm assuming you're in the Custom UI, in the "show detail" area (all metrics, with metric selector in bottom left corner). For those symptoms, double click them. That opens windows that you can double click that specific anomaly. That then gets added to the graph. Screenshot that graph for us, capturing all 3 metrics going back the past 7 days.

The question is.. what is the DT trend and what is the current metric value. They aren't hollow anomalies and they would only exist for reason.. the graph will tell you, as will the notification alerts for that Datastore resource.

Thanks

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
louisvin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, attaching the screenshots.

Looking at Split-MetricGraph, Total used space is increased about 10MB (mega bytes) only in 2TB datastore and vCops DT is not even 1MB i think... i'm not sure if this is correct... appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
louisvin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. I'm not sure how to export data to csv from vCops... could you please help me with it.  I have attached screenshots for the same to Mark's reply...

Thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Louis

According to the screenshot that you have attached, we see that the unused datastore went to using state, and hence the abnormality is detected versus the historical behavior. It is a big deviation from historic, with typical abnormality degree in history =0. So if the health is calculated based on those three processes, the impact of the observed abnormalities should not be surprsing.

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sorry, forgot to answer to your question related how to download csv, for downloading a csv file with metric data values you have to click

"Download comma separated data" which is located above the graph. I have pointed, that button in the attached screenshot.

louisvin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I got it now.  Thanks a lot for your replies.

Louis

0 Kudos