VMware Cloud Community
NV1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenterops Database Size - Disk Space management

Hi Folks, Does anyone out there know how to configure the data retention period for vCops standard edition? We have just had the postgress DB partition run out of space and wan to be able to limit the growth either by size or by the time period data is retained for. I thought there was a setting for this during the intitial setup but cant seem to find it in the doco.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vishy1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found the KB Article, hope thats all I need to do: 1035655.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for Correct or Helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
msatya
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi have you followed this link-kb.vmware.com/kb/1022101

-------------------------
please award points if you see fit.Thanks

http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbsmile.png

0 Kudos
NV1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi msatya

Thanks for taking the time to respond however the link you attached relates to

Installing ESXi/ESX 4.1 and vCenter Server 4.1 best practices not vCenter Operations. I may be missing something but I was looking for ways to limit database growth for the inbuilt vCops postgress DB.

Thanks again for your response.

0 Kudos
Vishy1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Having same issue as well, have you got this resolved?

Thanks and Regards...

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for Correct or Helpful.
0 Kudos
Vishy1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found the KB Article, hope thats all I need to do: 1035655.

0 Kudos
NV1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Vishy1

Thanks for your response. We did expand the partition in a similar way and it resolved the problem for now. Still dont know how to limit database growth but the KB artical gives an indication of the growth based in the number of VMs which is helpful. We have now set up monitoring for disk space usage and I will configure the email alerting.

Thanks again for  your post.

0 Kudos