VMware Cloud Community
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Operations Manger Error when viewing from the webclient Health Tab

Has anyone run into this issue on 5.5 when trying to view the Health of a VM from the webclient. Overall the vCOPS works from both the thick and web client but not from the health tab in the web client. The error message states " Cannot connect to the vCenter Operations server. Check your network connection, and the running state of the virtual machines in the vCenter Operations Manager vApp". Both the UI and analytic are running.

Thank you.

vCops Error.png

37 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Does the vCenter Web Client Server have TCP 443 access to the vCenter Operations Manager UI VM? Try it from the system running the Web Client services.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

Yes Mark i have tried to access it from the server too but same result i can not open it from the health tab.

0 Kudos
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Do you have multiple vCenters in linked mode?  If so, this is a known issue: kb.vmware.com/kb/2076938

0 Kudos
TanyaVM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the resolution for this?  I have the same issue and the KB article about linked mode does not apply to me.  I unregistered and re-registered, but still have the same issue.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

there is a logfile on the vsphereWebClient called

virgo*.log

can you post it

0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

No solution yet i am still looking and researching for it.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

virgo.log from vSphereWebClient

that's the one which can provide clues

0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

Log is attached.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK, that's the error:

----------------------------

[2014-03-26 14:46:30.937] [ERROR] http-bio-9443-exec-5     70002106 100009 200010 com.vmware.om.client.planning.impl.VcopsDataAdapterImpl       org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [https://214.47.96.219/vcops-vsphere/api/LicenseManagerService]; nested exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

----------------------------

1) check whether you can access that URL from within the vSphereWebClient machine ->  https://214.47.96.219/vcops-vsphere/api/LicenseManagerService

2) if doesn't work, figure out why - is the vcops running? all services? is there any filtering, firewall or something in between vcops and VC?  etc etc

0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

i could not access that URL from the server but everything is running and there is no filtering or firewall i worked with vmware support for over 3 months and still the issue is not resolved.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

ok, can you acces that URL from another place?
it should show error (not 404, but error).

I want to clarify whether it's network issue or something on the VCOps side is failing.

basically, the WebClient plugin for VCOps cannot connect to the VCOps system.

also which VCOps version are you on. Did it ever worked? If yes, when did it stop?

0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry i was out the past couple of days but i just realized that i sent you an old log file that .219 address is our old operations manager address i have attached a new Log file. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I dont' see anything different in this log... Did you ever checked what I've asked above?

------------------

[2014-09-04 10:15:21.669] [ERROR] data-service-pool-3389      70003048 100019 200008 com.vmware.om.client.planning.impl.VcopsDataAdapterImpl     org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [https://214.47.96.214/vcops-vsphere/api/LicenseManagerService]; nested exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

[2014-09-04 10:15:21.670] [WARN ] http-bio-9443-exec-7        70003048 100019 200008 com.vmware.vise.data.query.profiling.ProfilingUtil The Data Service detected slow execution:

------------------

0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

No i can not access it from anywhere i get a "HTTP Status 500 error that says the server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request" it says the full statck trace of the root cause is abailable in the VMware vFabric tc Runtime 2.6.4 Release logs so i will look for that log and post it asap.

0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

I can not find the logs does anyone know where they might be?

0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

Error message is attached.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK, so this is a good thing - means vcops is running OK and responding overall;

but it is not accessible from within the vSphereWebClient server machine.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Maybe you can approach support again providing the information discovered in this thread

0 Kudos
benjo1234
Contributor
Contributor

I compeletly uninstalled vCOPS 5.6 and installed 5.8.3 then applied the license this time it worked thanks for all your help.