VMware Cloud Community
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCOps Drag and Drop in Custom UI

This may be more of a bug report but ever since upgrading to the latest 5.7 when I'm editing one of my generic scoreboard widgets I cannot rearrange the selected metrics. It seems to at random just re-arrange them when I edit the selected metrics.

Takes twice as long to do anything because I find that I have to add everything one by one to get them in the order that I would like.

Bummer to see this kind of regressions in a point release of a product.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
killeroo100
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I have recently upgraded to 5.7 and thought I would check to see if we were experiencing the same symptoms. Everything in the custom UI worked as expected and I didn't see any of the issues you are seeing.

One thing I did notice is that I tried logging on with IE9 and it came up as not supported and the experience wasn't as good as logging in with Firefox.

Might be worth raising a call with VMware for your problem.

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep upgraded a few days ago. I'm finding that the user experience is different for a lot of browsers. I mostly use Chrome and it's listed as one of the recommended/supported browsers.

On OS X within Chrome one of my widgets doesn't load, trying to edit some widgets won't work, etc.

On Windows within Chrome drag and drop doesn't work well. Also found that I cannot dismiss alerts from the alerts screen in the custom ui.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi ChaseHansen,

from OS-X you can also try Safari browser.

if you can paste some screenshots and point me to the issues, we'll take a look in-house and try to see what's going on.
Have you tried cleaning browser cache?

thanks!

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From Safari things seem to work fine. Chrome nothing really works at all. A custom heatmap I made doesn't load at all.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

that is Safari on OSX or Windows, or Both?
can you pass along screenshot so that I can try it

thanks

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Found in Chrome/IE on Windows and Chrome/Safari on OS X the drag and drop issue happens.

Try to rearrange the Selected Metrics, then save. It doesn't respect the changes. Have to make sure you add them in the right order from the start.

generic scoreboard.png

0 Kudos