Contributor
Contributor

vCOps 5.8.4 not reflecting some changes made to VMs in vCenter

Jump to solution

Hi All,

        Couple of things I have noticed since this fresh install.  I am somewhat new to the product so go easy on me.

When I make a recommended change to a VM based off of a oversized VM report, for example, the change is not reflected.  The changes took place 24 hours ago, I would expect to see that in a fresh report I would think.  Also, if I migrate VMs from 1 host to another host that change is not reflected in the tree.  The only way I was able to get this to show was to restart vCOps from the admin GUI.  I waited days after the vmotions and did not see anything.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Jake

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You might want to clear your Java Cache as well as I suspect this may be the culprit.

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Cheers,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Okay so the changes not reflecting after a 24+ hour period is very strange. Although I don't think I can answer that for you. If this is a new install, may I ask why you didn't go with vROPs 6.0.1 instead of vCOPs 5.8.4? I'm just wondering because if given the choice vROPs 6 wins hands down in every way over 5.8.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Eventually it will be 6.0, but this is not a prod environment and the approval process is lengthy for new software.  Going with what I have now.

0 Kudos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is strange...

The default data collection intervale is 5 mins so technically you wait 5 mins (Give or take analysis) and you should see a change.

I have seen simular issues in the wild related to java and browser cache issues that would actually keep brininging up a cached copy of a report even when a new one was generated.  The fix there was a complete clear of the browser and java cache. (May not be the case for you)

The other thing that comes to mind is to reboot the vCOps vApp....twice....

No idea why this is neccessary, but it usualy solves strange issues like this. (Assume it may be a script/service timing issue)  You also want to validate that you are getting data collection. (Go to the environment tab and check the collection status)

Cheers,

Contributor
Contributor

I started trying a few different things after reading your post.  There must be a couple of different things going on.  I run noscript on all my browsers across all my pcs, so when I accessed the UI through a different system it did reflect the changes I made to resources on the VMs within different views and reports. It didn't appear as if noscript was blocking anything.  Clearing the cache on my browsers did not do anything with regards to either problem.  On the other system clearing the cache did reflect the vmotion changes.  I am going to keep using this other system and see what happens.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You might want to clear your Java Cache as well as I suspect this may be the culprit.

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Cheers,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Java cache cleared.  All appears to be updating correctly!  Thanks for your help. -Jake

0 Kudos