VMware Cloud Community
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCOPs Role?

Is the role to add permissions to view vcops not available in the advanced edition?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check in your roles permission sets for Global -> vCOPS admin or vCOPS User should be in there.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
venkat1974
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Both vCOPS Standard and Advanced editions have vSphere UI only, however the Ent and Ent Plus editions have both vSphere UI and Custom UI. The access to vSphere UI is based on the access rights defined in vCenter Server. On the other hand vCOPS Enterprise and Enterprise Plus editions have a separate Account Management function. You can create local users or import users from AD and provide them access to the custom UI. You can also create role groups in custom UI.

lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok I guess what I'm looking for then is what rights in vCenter give access to vCOPs?  I seem to recall some screenshots of a role that's created when you install vCOPs but I don't have that and I don't see any specific vCOPs permissions to create a new role like there are for say SRM.  The documentation I've found only relates to enterprise.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check in your roles permission sets for Global -> vCOPS admin or vCOPS User should be in there.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Awesome thank you, I was expecting it to be under it's own category.

0 Kudos