VMware Cloud Community
PerseusDK
Contributor
Contributor

vCOPS seems to have stopped

Hello world,

I've got an issue with a vCOPS 5.6, which seems to have stopped for some reason.

What I've noticed, is that the "trend and forecasting" in the planning tab seems to have stopped on January 20th for no obvious reason. Unfortunately I have no idea where to start searching for the cause. The strange problem shows up below.

Untitled.png

The server has been restartet a couple of days ago, but the problem is still present.

Hope anyone can give me a hint where to start searching for the cause.

Regards,

Lars Christensen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Lars,

I know this is basic, but have you checked the time settings on the vApp VMs as well as making sure the time is sync with the host?  Be sure timezone is set for your TZ also.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
PerseusDK
Contributor
Contributor

Well, on the ESXi hosts I'm running NTP and the timezone is set for UTC (default). Howevre, I found a couple of hosts not running NTP. This has been corrected, but the vCOPS were not running on any of those servers.

On the vCOPS servers, the timezone is set to "Europe/Paris".

There are no firewall restrictions, as it has been working before January, 20th.

Regards,

Lars

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

PerseusDK, are all the services starting properly? Did you change or add a license key? If you have the custom side, under admin, support there are logs that you can review and change settings to a different level if you think thats needed.

0 Kudos
PerseusDK
Contributor
Contributor

To my knowledge, nothing has been changed in the setup. The only thing I know about, is the physical ESXi hosts has been restarted.

I believe all services has been started succesfully.

I've included the support bundle if anyone has an idea what to search for.

0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looked at the ciq.log and it seems like the adapter is failing to update but I can't tell why.  It may be data corruption.  I really recommend you open a support request with VMware at this point.  I don't find anything that addresses this specific condition.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos