VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCOPS Licensing question

Hi all,

I vCOPS 5.7. When I add the first vCenter (other than the one where the vApp), the license seems you can only enter on the vCenter registered. If I add a second vCenter, however I will have to re-enter the license on this or not?

thanks

Matrix

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

No, VCOPS will check the license from one server. You can check at the moment you log in on the admin page. There is a line called: "License vCenter Server:". Most likely this is the first registered vCenter server.

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

No, VCOPS will check the license from one server. You can check at the moment you log in on the admin page. There is a line called: "License vCenter Server:". Most likely this is the first registered vCenter server.

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

thank you very much! This is the correct answer.

Matrix

0 Kudos
Bhaskardas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What bouke said is not correct.

Line - License vCenter Server - This will show the licensed vCenter Server chosen by vcops as master one.

Say if you have registered 1st VCenter Server - 100 vm capacity

Now if u have registered 2nd vCenter Server - 1000 vm capacity.

In this case, 2nd vCenter Server will be shown in License vCenter Server.

So this is the logic - Highest License SKU, if tis same, then Highest Entitlement will treated as Master one.

0 Kudos
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

That makes sense, but that would suggest you are using multiple licenses with different capacity amounts (never done that before Smiley Happy), however, when licenses capacity are all the same, it still uses the first registered vCenter server (from what I can tell with 9 registered vCenter servers). Thanks for the reply Bhaskardas!

0 Kudos