VMware Cloud Community
yeshwanth
Contributor
Contributor

vCOPS 5 not showing metrics for Risk and Efficency badge

We had an instace of VCOPS 5 which was working fine running on an ESX server connected to the vCenter server - for about two months. Today, we tried to move the vCOPS vApp to a different host which failed and had to redo the who installtion on a new cluster. The new instance to vCOPS was installed with the same configuration and connected to the vCenter.

Now, only the health badge is showing information. The Risk and Efficincy badge has no data. I have tried restarting the vApp. 1.JPG

I then went ahead and resinatlled the whole instance but the below logs were consistent.

From the collector logs in analytics I see this snippet appear

2012-03-13 13:18:15,200 ERROR [Collector worker thread 19] (15) com.integrien.adapter.vmware.EventProcessing.addEventToObject - Found null resource config for Satis Accounts:VirtualMachine. Unable to publish event DRS powered On Satis Accounts on esxc.trinity.local in Basepoint

2012-03-13 13:18:15,200 ERROR [Collector worker thread 19] (15) com.integrien.adapter.vmware.EventProcessing.addEventToObject - Found null resource config for Satis Accounts:VirtualMachine. Unable to publish event Changed resource allocation for trinity Accounts

2012-03-13 13:28:14,881 ERROR [Collector worker thread 12] (16) com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.changeResourceState - Could not change resource state for adapter 'OpenAPIAdapter', resource config or resource id is null

from the open API collector log

2012-03-13 13:23:14,878 ERROR [Collector worker thread 17] (16) com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.changeResourceState - Could not change resource state for adapter 'OpenAPIAdapter', resource config or resource id is null.

2012-03-13 13:28:14,881 ERROR [Collector worker thread 12] (16) com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.changeResourceState - Could not change resource state for adapter 'OpenAPIAdapter', resource config or resource id is null.

Has anyone seent his issue before ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
critical3rr0r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How old is the new installation? It takes a little time for those 2 badges to collect data.

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."
0 Kudos
yeshwanth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quick response.

The vAPP is just about 2 hours old now.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It may take a few hours until there's enough data to present a metric. I tested this last weekend and it took ~4-6 hours until the first values showed up.

André

critical3rr0r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I rebuilt my environment recently and had the same concern. I let the install cook for about 8 hours and checked again and the data had begun to populate. Initial Health can be determined quickly (Up/Down), Capacity and Risk requires a little more data to formulate and your DT baselines, depending on the size of your organization, could take up to 30 days to form. Advanced trending and best practice analytics take roughly 6 months to 1 year to fully form.

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."
yeshwanth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks everyone for your reponse again. Very helpful

I will leave the vApp to run overnight and check again after 24 hours.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey yeshwanth,

is it all OK now?

0 Kudos
yeshwanth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi gradinka,

Sorry for the delayed response. Saw your reply unanswered when I was going through my old posts. The issue was resolved.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Thread marked as assumed answered.

0 Kudos
cyberpubs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue, but after 24 hours vcops is still showing Risk and Efficency metrics as Unknown....

VMware Certified Professional VCP5
0 Kudos
cyberpubs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Now, after redeploy the vcops appliance and upgrade to 5.0.2 it is working. I had to reboot my hosts of the administration cluster (i have vcd installed in this enviroment) and it works.

VMware Certified Professional VCP5
0 Kudos