VMware Cloud Community
NiranY
Contributor
Contributor

vCOPS 5.8.4 shows incorrect CPU(other resource) Usage than what is shown in vSphere Reports

Hello,

In my vCloud environment i doubt of getting incorrect resource usage reports from vCOPS 5.8.4 , For my environment vCloud Director Allocation Model settings are configured as Allocation Pool. We utilize VCOPS for extract the monthly resources utilization using super metric(sumN(Virtual Machine:CPU Usage|Usage (MHz),2) for CPU Usage, Similar to it i have the some for memory, network and storage) for each org-vdc configured at vcloud director level , In some reports, sometimes for some organization , for the CPU, storage and  memory, I see that the average in % of the resource utilization vs. the allocated quota(Limit) exceeds the 100% Making some other checks of the CPU utilization in a specific org vdc where the CPU quota is 100Ghz , In vcops reports or graphs we found that CPU usage is going upto 203,063 Mhz( is it possible ?)

If the answer to above is 'Yes' , than to my surprise if i extract the CPU Usage reports using vSphere Client for that ORG vDC it is always under 100 GHz (no single exception).

Similarly i found that we are getting incorrect values for Storage , Memory usage etc.

which one should i trust , Report from vCOPS or reports from vSphere .. Can someone help ?

Thanks

Niranjan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
srikanthbalajis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nirany,

We are also facing this kind of issue. have you got any solution for this. Let us know as soon as possible.

0 Kudos