VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCOPS 5.7 Certificate expired

Hi all,

Today I tried to add a second vCOPS to vCenter 5.7. The vApp is currently unlicensed and therefore foundation mode. At the time when I insert the data of the new vCenter and try to move on, I get an error message telling me that the certificate has expired and will not let me add the new vCenter. I get the same problem trying to add another vCenter different from the previous.

By controls, both vCenter vCOPS that have their own certificates have not yet expired. Do you have suggestions?

Many thanks!

Matrix

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Matrix,

First lets clarity the situation:

1. Certificates used to secure the SSL communication between VCOps and VC are not related in any way to the VCOps license. This means the VCOps license (and the fact it is not licensed right now) should prevent you from registering additional VCs.

2. The problem with the certificates should be with VCs certificate. Actually VCOps connects to VC by using VC's certificate to establish SSL connection. You are saying that VC certificate is OK, but try to double check that.

I would advice you to do the following:

1. Post the exact error message you are receiving in the UI.

2. Take a look at /var/log/vmware/admin.log and post the relevant error message.

3. Post VC certificate's details.

Those 3 items will help us to troubleshoot further and give suggestions.

Thanks,

Alex D.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Matrix,

First lets clarity the situation:

1. Certificates used to secure the SSL communication between VCOps and VC are not related in any way to the VCOps license. This means the VCOps license (and the fact it is not licensed right now) should prevent you from registering additional VCs.

2. The problem with the certificates should be with VCs certificate. Actually VCOps connects to VC by using VC's certificate to establish SSL connection. You are saying that VC certificate is OK, but try to double check that.

I would advice you to do the following:

1. Post the exact error message you are receiving in the UI.

2. Take a look at /var/log/vmware/admin.log and post the relevant error message.

3. Post VC certificate's details.

Those 3 items will help us to troubleshoot further and give suggestions.

Thanks,

Alex D.

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion. in Admin.log I have found:

Caused by: Certificate has expired for VC {url = https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/sdk}. Certificate is not valid after: 9/18/10 4:16 PM

Via browser the certificate was OK, but inside the SSL folder on vCenter I see the "error"...

Now I know that is necessary to generate a new certificate on vCenter!

Many thanks!

Matrix

Ps: have you a good and a simple guide to do it? 😉

0 Kudos